Skip to main content

Chick Advisor Premium Membership Welcome Bag

In January of this year (2017), Chick Advisor launched a new premium membership which offered some additional perks for members who subscribed over the free Chick Advisor membership.

For a one-time fee ($60 CDN), Premium members receive over $190 worth of beauty products plus a cute custom ChickAdvisor makeup bag, exclusive perks and from time to time, online offers from Canadian e-retailers.

I subscribed on the 17th of March and waited patiently for my welcome bag to ship at the end of March.  Sadly by the end of April I still had not received it so sent off a quick message to Chick Advisor support.  Within a few days I received a reply from Jennifer Andrews who is the campaign manager for Chick Advisor, to let me know the packages were late going out but I should receive it soon as they were waiting for extra goodies to be included in the boxes.

I was so very excited when I went to the mailbox on Wednesdat (May 3) and discovered my Welcome package/bag had arrived.  I hurried home and opened the box right away.






I am very detail oriented and quickly checked the Chick Advisor website as I remembered a couple other items in the picture provided by Chick Advisor when signing up.   Sure enough, there appeared to be 3 items missing 😒


And sadly, there were no extra goodies as Jennifer Andrews had mentioned 😢

I understand that there may have been more members signing up for the premium membership than anticipated, however, a note to let us know that they ran out of some items would have been nice.  The missing items were ones I was very much looking forward to trying too.

Bottom line - were the goodies in the premium membership welcome bag worth $190?
Prices below are taken from the product card included by Chick Advisor:
~ Know Cosmetics My Lips are Sealed - $25
~ Know Cosmetics No Bare Brows - $25
~ Mary Kay Lipstick - $21
~ Cake Beauty Heavy Cream Hand Balm - $12
~ CND Creative Play Nail Lacquer - $8.50
~ CND Vinylux Topcoat & Polish - $25
~ Vasanti Brighten up Exfoliator & Moisturizer (sample sizes) - $24
~ Le Petit Marseillais Body Wash - $8
Total for Welcome bag:  $148.50

I suppose if the other three products were included, it might add up to the $190
~ Real Techniques Brush - approx $12
~ Zoella Bath bar - could not find a price online
~ Know Cosmetic No Dark Shadows - $25

Overall I am happy with what I received, just disappointed that there were some items missing.  I have contacted Jennifer Andrews to find out if the missing items were indeed supposed to come with the Welcome Bag and will update when I have a reply.

If you'd like to join Chick Advisor, you can click here (I will receive a small $5 compensation for each person who joins)


** UPDATE - May 5
I received a reply from Jennifer Andrews indicating that the missing items would be sent "later this year (in the fall)" and this information had been posted in a video update on the Chick Advisor Facebook page.  Additionally, the extra freebies she was referring to were the No Bare Brows and the Vinylux Polish + Vinylux Top Coat that they recently added as a bonus and were waiting to receive them from the brand.



* Blog contains affiliate/referral links. This is not a sponsored blog. All opinions are genuinely my own. *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Impression - Ancestry DNA vs MyHeritage DNA Kits

As an only child, I've always been curious about my genetic genealogy and ethnicity, especially on my mother's side of the family.  I am very lucky as my father had meticulously researched the genealogy for his side of the family (before the internet no less) and because of his efforts, I can trace our roots back to Alsace, Germany. Unfortunately family on my mother's side never really discussed their ethnicity or genealogy and I just assumed that they were either Ukrainian or Romanian.  Sadly there are no longer any living relatives on my mother's side that I can ask, so I decided to do the next best thing and do one of those fancy DNA tests they advertise.  But which one? As with any industry that has become popular, especially quickly, there are the front runner companies you always hear about - Ancestry, 23andMe and another I recently came across MyHeritage. Pricewise, MyHeritage is the cheapest at $99, Ancestry is next at $129 and then 23andMe at $249 (prices q

Subscription Box Unboxing - Sudsy Bar Soap

In my search for wonderful products to help me look and feel my best, I came across another Canadian company - Sudsy Bar Soap Co. based out of Mission, BC. What is it: A monthly subscription box, carefully curated with four artisan soaps from Canada's finest soap makers to bring you a lovingly curated selection of handcrafted soaps What is included: Four fabulous soap bars shipped to your door - you can choose to receive your box every one, two, or three months. How much is it: $24/month + shipping ( shipping ranges anywhere from $3.95 - $9.95 depending on where you are in Canada) This subscription box is available to those in the US with shipping being $9.95. You also have the option of purchasing single bars or boxes specific to a certain brand (including those from previous months if still available). You can even purchase or a gift certificate for a one or three-month subscription Dana (the Chief Sudsy Officer) was kind enough to send me one of their boxes fo

A Further Update on Ancestry DNA vs MyHeritage DNA Kits

I posted an update on my Ancestry DNA vs MyHeritage DNA kits on May 28th, however, feel I need to post another update as an issue has come up with the MyHeritage kit. My test was sent back to MyHeritage on May 8th, and since I had not heard from them that they received my test, I sent a message to MyHeritage on May 23rd to get an update as to the status of my test.  This was the test that was sent from Canada to Texas so it should have been received within a week (give or take a day) - the test sent from Canada to Ireland arrived within a week. Sadly I never received any reply, however, noticed when I logged into the MyHeritage website on May 26th, my test had been marked as received on May 25th.  I found this very interesting. Fast forward to a few days ago to when I received an email from Paypal indicating that a refund had been completed by MyHeritage on June 5th.  What the heck??? Sure enough, I logged into the MyHeritage website and all signs of my DNA test were gone. I w